Tuesday, June 3, 2014
I Am Convinced. Are You?
- In all these things (trouble, hardship, persecution, famine, nakedness, danger, sword, death...as listed in verses 35 and 36), we are winning through Christ Who loves us. We don't need to fear that God will leave us or stop loving us. It is impossible for us to be separated from God's love! Christ's death for us on the cross is the ultimate proof of His unlimited & unending love for us. God wants us to know how exceedingly great His love is so that we will feel totally secure in Him and will not be afraid...come what may.
- "To be loved by Jesus--is to be preferred before the possession of a world!" (~James Smith) To be loved by the Creator of the Universe (He knew what loving us would cost Him and how He would be treated by us and others) is beyond comprehension. It should cause us to rejoice and do a happy dance all day long :).
- His love for us never changes and never fails. Being sure of and understanding God's love can bring us joy, confidence, and contentment even in the midst of pain, suffering, and uncertainties. The quality of our life is not determined by our circumstances but by our relationship with God. When you go through trials and difficulties, it doesn't mean God loves you any less. Focus on His immeasurable, unconditional, & unchanging love for you and rest in it!
- We, Christ's followers, are to live fearless & victorious lives because we are more than conquerors through our Lord Jesus Christ. "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." ~Jesus (John 16:33) "For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God." (1 John 5:4-5) "I can do all things through Christ Who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:13)
- Prayer: Dear Abba Father, thank You for loving me and for reassuring me of Your relentless love! Through You and Your love that is better than life, I don't have to fear the difficulties of this world because I have everything I need to face the challenges of life. Please remind me to always rely on You...that I'm on the winning team and help me live my life fearlessly for Your glory and for Your kingdom. I am Yours and You are mine. I love You, Daddy! In Jesus's Name, I pray. Amen.