Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Lord My Rock

One of my favorite Names of God is Yahweh Tsuri, The Lord My Rock. He is the Rock of my soul! "He is the Rock; His works are perfect, and all His ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is He." (Deuteronomy 32:4) The word Rock symbolizes strength, power, shelter, protection, defense, faithfulness, uprightness, stability, dependability, security, safety, justice, and solid foundation. We can always count on God and rely on Him. While the politics is polluted, the economy is erratic, the culture is corrupted, the terrorism is terrifying, and the death rate from Ebola is rising, Christ is our Redeemer, Rock, and Refuge. He is unchanging and unfailing. "They (the Israelites) all ate the same spiritual food and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual Rock that accompanied them, and that Rock was Christ." (1 Corinthians 10:3-4) Where do you build your lives? I've chosen to build my life on "the Solid Rock" (Jesus Christ) and rest on His unchanging grace.


Are you feeling like you have no strength left in you? Are you worn out physically, emotionally, mentally, and/or spiritually?

"I love You, Lord, my Strength (my Defender). The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress and my Deliverer (my Protector); my God is my Rock , in Whom I take refuge, my Shield and the Horn of my Salvation, my Stronghold...As for God, His way is perfect: The Lord's Word is flawless; He shields all who take refuge in Him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure...The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior!" (Psalm 18:1-2, 30-32, 46)


Are you worried and anxious? Are you struggling with fear?

"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord Himself, is the Rock Eternal." (Isaiah 26:3-4)
"Do not tremble, do not be afraid...You are My witnesses. Is there any God besides Me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one." (Isaiah 44:8)


Are you depressed/dismayed?

"I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." (Psalm 40:1-2)
"Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the Rock that is higher than I. For You have been my Refuge, a Strong Tower against the foe." (Psalm 61:1-3)

God is our mighty Rock and Fortress even when the world is falling apart. He is our Shelter and Refuge from the storms of life. Find rest in Him; our hope is in Him. Trust in Him at all times; He is in control even when all around you seem to be out of control. Pour out your hearts to Him in earnest prayer; He listens and He cares. Hold on to the Rock Eternal and you won't be shaken. "Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from Him. Truly He is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Fortress, I will never be shaken." (Psalm 62:1-2) Let's show the world what it means to belong to an unshakable God and an unshakable Kingdom (Hebrews 12:28)!

 
This post is linked up with Fellowship Fridays @Christian Mommy Blogger, Faith-filled Friday @Missional Women, Faith Along the Way, Still Saturday @sandraheskaking,  Spiritual SundaysEssential Thing Devotions, Sharing His Beauty @The Beauty in His GripPlaydates with God at The Wellspring, The Weekend Brew @My Freshly Brewed LifeInspire Me Monday @Create With Joy, Sincerely, Paula, 3-D Lessons for Life, and Tell Me a True Story.
Faith and Fellowship Blog Hop
Equipping Godly Women
countingmyblessings

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, this is the 3rd post in a row I have read about God being our rock. Apparently I needed to hear that message today!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing these encouraging words. :)

Jodi said...

Psalm 40:1-2 This is what I've needed the last few days and even alluded to it in my own blog post today. My reasoning is not something I am willing to share on the internet but God knows. Thank you for posting it.

PATTIPEANUT said...

Thank you for sharing this post. It is always good to have a reminder that God is our Rock. We can depend on Him and He will not let us down. Thanks for blessing my soul today!

Alice Gerard said...

I've been feeling a bit sad and sorry for myself today. Thank you for reminding me that God will never abandon me! It was a message that was very much needed.

Anonymous said...

Great verses! Standing on the Rock! When all around us crumbles He alone is our firm foundation! Thanks for this beautiful reminder!

caryjo said...

I am a very "rocky" person and have MANY in my house and my yard and my car. Not lookin' dirty or bad in the house or car, but a way also to see the Lord. I have rocks from the States, Costa Rica, Uganda, Morocco, and any other place I've gone. They are part of the Lord spread around the world. Thank you so much for sharing this way. Makes me rejoice any time I see them... and I sure do it on and on again on my blog and mix it with the Word. Again, thank you.

A. Craig said...

Thanks for sharing those verses. Always good to be reminded of the unchanging ROCK we can trust and hide in.

a joyful noise said...

I am so thankful that we can fully trust and place our feet on the solid rock and stand fast for Jesus. Thanks for sharing with us here at "Tell Me a Story."

BARBIE said...

Thank you for sharing at The Weekend Brew!

blestbutstrest said...

Thank you for such powerful reminder that God is our rock. I'm ready to face my day knowing that he is my strength and my rock.

Brittany @ Equipping Godly Women said...

So great to know that we have a God we can always count on no matter what life throws our way! Thanks for sharing on Equipping Godly Women Fellowship Fridays!

A Must-See Video for Every Christian