Monday, July 21, 2014

The Greatest Commandment

- Jesus says that the most important commandment of all commandments is: to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, and mind! Jesus wants us to love Him with our whole being...to love Him above all else even our own life. He wants us to be in such an attitude of love that we cannot eat or work or play without thinking about Him, always keeping Him first in our heart and at the forefront of our mind. God desires to be loved by His children with total abandon. The whole Christianity boils down to one primary thing: Amo Dei =Love God! We must love God completely with all the affections, the will, and the thoughts/the understanding...with all we have and all we are at all times under all circumstances. Again, this is agape love, the committed, devoted love which makes a decision to sacrifice all for the One we love. Obviously, no one is capable of loving God perfectly all the time. This unattainable standard of all-encompassing love for God merely shows our polluted heart and the desperate need for God's pure graceThe more I know God, the more I love Him. The more I love Him, the more I want to know Him more.
- Jesus says in John 14:15, "If you love Me, keep My commands." Our obedience to God demonstrates our love for God. Our love for God is expressed through our love for others. To love God is the priority of life. It should rule our hearts & thoughts and guide our decisions and actions.
- Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you so much for loving me first! Thank You for Who You are and for all You have done for me! I love You! Please purify my heart, soul, & mind and help me love You more and more with every part of me. Please make my life a living expression of Your love to the world for Your glory. Please give me Your eyes to see where and how I may be a blessing to others each day. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.

"The true measure of loving God is to love Him without measure." ~Bernard

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian