Sunday, December 12, 2010

Indescribable Joy

Joy surpasses any happiness.  Happiness is dependent on circumstances.  Joy is not.  I am filled with overflowing joy (not because it's my birthday :) but because of Jesus).  Joy is found in our gratitude to the Lord.  Joy is found in knowing Jesus.  Joy is found in walking with Him even through the valley of the shadow of death. Joy is found in living for God (our Source of joy) and doing His will. Joy is found in childlike faith. Joy is found in Christ-like attitude. Joy is found in loving, giving, and serving.  You can have true joy if you love Jesus above all else, then sincerely love and genuinely care about others, and put yourself last.
Jesus
Others
Yourself

Oh the sheer joy of it!
Walking with Thee,
Out on the hilltop,
Down by the sea,
Life is so wonderful,
Life is so free.
~Ralph Spaulding Cushman

"You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11
"The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes." Psalm 19:8
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song." Psalm 28:7
"If you obey My commands, you will remain in My love, just as I have obeyed My Father's commands and remain in His love. I have told you this so that My joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." John 15: 10-11
God is my Joy and my Delight.  How thankful I am for the joy of the Lord deep within my soul!  Joy to the World...Joy to you all! "But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David,a Savior has been born to you; He is CHRIST the Lord.'"(Luke 2:10-11) Christ's birth brought indescribable joy to mankind because He is the Messiah! Let's share with others the joy of knowing Jesus and the wonders of His love! May our joy and love (that we receive from Him) be contagious :).

"Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls." 1 Peter 1:8-9

Have a CHRIST-centered & joy-filled CHRISTmas, everyone!

6 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I like that verse in Peter.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

good post....have a great weekend

Donnie said...

Beautiful post. Have a blessed Sunday.

Lisa notes... said...

I’ve been thinking so much about joy the past few days. Thanks for these verses!

Charlotte said...

So true. Happiness and joy are two different things. Thank you for sharing these thoughts with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Great post. Circumstances can steal our happiness but never our joy.

A Must-See Video for Every Christian