Sunday, February 21, 2010

In the Valleys

I have recently seen and heard of many fellow Christians facing trials and difficulties physically, emotionally, mentally, financially, spiritually, etc.  I hope and pray that they will keep clinging to Jesus, our Prince of Peace/our Forever Faithful Friend.  Some of my favorite verses that comfort me whenever I'm in the valleys are:

"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.'  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens." Psalm 68:19

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4
"...So that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything" makes me think of this poem below.  I hope you find it encouraging.  Remember..God is with you even in the valleys...you're never alone.  "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and your staff, they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4)  Hugs from me to all of you.  If you have any prayer requests, please feel free to let me know in your comments and I will pray for you.

It's In the Valleys I Grow  By Jane Eggleston

Sometime life seems hard to bear,
Full of sorrow, trouble, and woe.
It’s then I have to remember
That it’s in the valleys I grow.

If I always stayed on the mountain top
And never experienced pain,
I would never appreciate God’s love
And would be living in vain.

I have so much to learn
And my growth is very slow,
Sometimes I need the mountain tops,
But it’s in the valleys I grow.

I do not always understand
Why things happen as they do,
But I am very sure of one thing.
My Lord will see me through.

My little valleys are nothing
When I picture Christ on the cross.
He went through the valley of death;
His victory was satan’s loss.

Forgive me, Lord, for complaining
When I’m feeling so low.
Just give me a gentle reminder
That it’s in the valleys I grow.

Continue to strengthen me, Lord
And use my life each day
To share Your love with others
And help them find their way.

Thank You for valleys, Lord
For this one thing I know
The mountain tops are glorious
But it’s in the valleys I grow!

~Please visit here for the links to other Spiritual Sundays posts. Thanks so much to Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sundays every week.  Have a blessed day in the Lord, everyone!

12 comments:

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I've been really low...yet that's where He made me really strong. Didn't know it then but do now.

Susan said...

It's the refining of the gold He wants us to become.

whidbeywoman said...

I have seen that poem before. It is very encouraging! Thanks for sharing it this Spiritual Sunday.
What a comfort to know that God for cares for us and knows our every need.

RCUBEs said...

He is faithful to be there with us as we go through any dark valleys. God bless.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the Lord is always there walking with us when we're in the valleys. Praise God!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. May God bless you today and every day!

Georgia

Musings of A Minister said...

Great post. "But it's in the valleys I grow!" How true! Thank you for posting.

LeAnn said...

Such great encouragements! Thanks for taking the time to put these up for everyone to see. ~

Charlotte said...

What a great reminder of how we should view our valleys. I love that poem. This post reminds me of the beautiful song "God on the Mountain" The words say "the God on the mountain is still God in the valley. When things go wrong, he'll make them right." Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

This poem is a perfet reminder. That it is in the valleys we grow.
Blessings,
Ginger

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing those verses, and the poem was great. Blessings ~

Nancie said...

Amen! God's grace is sufficient for us and when we are weak His strength is made perfect in us!

Love this poem "It's in the Valley that I grow". Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks for your visit, encouragements and prayers! It is such a joy to hear from you and to read your encouraging comment on my post. Take care. Hugs back to you!

With love in Christ and prayers,
Nancie

Unknown said...

I love "Its in the Valley I Grow" It is so true. l have learned True Faith in the middle of great pain. My life is God's now. I live completely for him. Your blogs explains my relationship with him also. Check out mine sometime www.lettinggoddrive.blogspot.com

A Must-See Video for Every Christian