Thursday, September 10, 2015

Alone with God

"But when God, who set me apart from my mother's womb and called me by His grace, was pleased to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being. I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus." (Galatians 1:15-17) 

- When we know we've been chosen by God and called by His grace, our lives have a purpose. God is pleased when we reflect Christ in our lives and tell others about Him.

- Paul was stunned by Christ's revelation and realized that his former life had been wasted. His encounter with the risen Lord completely changed his life. From then on, he lived for God and lived to fulfill God's purpose for his life. He received the truth of the Gospel from Jesus Himself (the very highest authority); therefore, he's confident in his message and there's no need for him to consult any human being. No human's opinion or approval can add to or take away from the revelation of Jesus. He did not seek other apostles to confirm the call on his life. He knew God called him to preach the Gospel to the Gentiles. First, Paul went into Arabia (wilderness area) to be alone with God. Solitude is good for our soul. It's important for us to spend time alone with God without distraction. Our soul will be refreshed and our strength will be renewed. In order to be effective in ministry, we must be consistent in our communion with God. In order to breathe out, we have to breathe in.

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian