Wednesday, April 6, 2011
I'm Late..I'm Late (thankfully, not too late)...for an Important Party!
Welcome to my blog! Hope you are not too exhausted yet from party-hopping . My name is Urailak (aka "LivingforGod" in the blog world and "Fruit Bearer" on Facebook). Please make yourself at home looking around and enjoying music from my playlist. I'm so glad that you're stopping by to visit. This blog is my main blog. I also have two other blogs: My Father's World (my photo/creation-themed blog) and Fruitbearers (my homeschool-related blog). I am a Christ-follower, Bible-believer, daughter & servant of the King of kings, helpmeet/blessed wife of my beloved Godly husband (we'll celebrate our 20th anniversary in Sept.), blessed homeschool mom of three precious blessings (17 yo daughter, 12 yo son, & 9 yo son), sister in Christ, and friend to all.
If you're new here and wonder what this blog is all about, please check out My Favorite Posts on my sidebar. I also blog about product reviews and giveaways. Whatever I do including blogging, I desire to do it all for God's glory.
Just in case anybody is curious to know more about me :)...here are 12 random facts about moi:
1. My parents are Chinese; I was born and raised in Thailand. I married an American whose ancestors were Scandinavian.
2. I came to the U.S. on September 14, 1989 (to study for my master’s degree). More than half of my life, I've lived in America.
3. I take the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20) seriously and hope all other Christians do, too. If you're a Christian and you have not watched the video on top of my blog yet, please do so.
4. I am passionate about reaching the unreached with the Gospel (Romans 15:20) and about saving the unborn.
5. I desire to memorize more and more of God’s Word. (Psalm 119:11)
6. I wish I could adopt all the orphans in the world.
7. I knew/studied 5 languages (French, Japanese, Chinese, English, and Thai). "Knew" is the key word . Now I only speak the last two.
8. My Thai first name "Urailak" means golden appearance. Don't let the name fool you :)!
9. My nickname is "A" and my brother’s nickname is "B." Wish my parents had all the way to "Z" !
10. In Thailand, I was a contestant in a TV game show similar to Wipeout. I got through to the last challenge and lost.
11. In Thailand, I also appeared in two different music videos.
12. 12 is my favorite number :).
Note: I'm currently hosting 2 fantastic giveaways on this blog: Win a Magdalena: Through Her Eyes (the story of Jesus from Mary Magdalene's perspective) DVD package from Campus Crusade for Christ and Win a copy of Rebecca St. James's new CD, "I Will Praise You". My two other blogs are also having giveaways: here and here.
Thanks for stopping by. Really...I'm not expecting many visitors because I'm late in linking my party post. Please leave a comment here and come visit again when you recover from blog-hopping marathon. If you have no idea what I'm talking about and would like to join the Ultimate Blogging Party 2011, visit here.