About "I WILL PRAISE YOU" (Release Date: April 5th):
Rebecca St. James charts yet another new course with I Will Praise You, a new collection of worship songs she terms “ her most personal recording to date.” From the opening notes of track one, listeners are offered a welcoming connection with Rebecca’s recognizably authentic vocal warmth and delivery. More than anything, I Will Praise You represents the latest steps in Rebecca’s life long journey towards the presence of God.
MY THOUGHTS AND REVIEW:
I enjoyed listening to this worship CD. The theme that runs through the CD is praising the Lord and trusting Him even when things seem to go wrong...through trials/storms and being comforted by the presence of Almighty God and the hope of heaven. Beautiful lyrics to ponder. Most songs have upbeat tempos. It's fun to sing along with "You Never Let Go." My favorite songs are The Kindness of Our God and You Hold Me Now. I got teary-eyed when I was listening to them. "You Still Amaze Me" is great, too! I'm glad that Rebecca St. James included the Scripture reference for each song and her comment about each song on the lyrics leaflet. I also appreciate A Word From Rebecca regarding her ministry's mission statement: "Our mission statement as a ministry team is to serve the Church and point people to Jesus. We remind each other of this at our band devotions before our shows and as often as we can. We pray that this album will encourage you in your journey with God and that it will draw you to worship Him!"
1. I Will Praise You (Hebrews 13:15)
2. You Never Let Go (Psalm 23:4)
3. Shine Your Glory Down (Isaiah 60:1)
4. You Still Amaze Me (Ephesians 2:8, 9)
5. In A Moment (Revelation 19:1)
6. The Kindness of Our God (Titus 3:4, 5)
7. When The Stars Burn Down (Blessing and Honor) (Isaiah 34:4)
8. Almighty God (Psalm 46:7)
9. You Hold Me Now (Revelation 21:4)
10. You Make Everything Beautiful (Ecclesiastes 3:11)
If you're a Rebecca St. James fan or someone who likes to collect worship albums like me :), check out this CD, "I Will Praise You".
Rebecca’s LISTENING PARTY: http://rsjames.com/listeningparty where you may share a preview of the CD with your family & friends too! You can enter your email address and get to listen to the first three songs.
GIVEAWAY: You can win a copy of this CD. This giveaway is open only to U.S. residents. Ends 4/22.
To Enter: Leave a comment here letting me know which of Rebecca St. James's songs (from any album) is your favorite or who your favorite Christian musician/band is.
For Extra Entries:
1. Please go here to vote for my photo by clicking "Vote Now".
2. Follow this blog via Google Friend Connect or NetworkedBlogs.
3. Post about this giveaway and link to this post on your blog.
4. Post the link to this giveaway on your Facebook page or tweet it. Please also leave your Facebook link or twitter link in your comment.
5. Rate my book reviews here, then come back to let me know which title(s) you've rated (you don't need to tell me what rating you give me :)). Each book you rate earns you an entry.
6. Rate my daughter's book reviews here, then come back to let me know which title(s) you've rated (you don't need to tell me what rating you give her). Each book you rate earns you an entry.
“Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”