Saturday, February 4, 2012

While I'm Waiting

At our Bible study last night, we studied about Moses in Exodus (and Acts 7). We learned that he had to wait for 40 years between the time he became a fugitive and the burning bush moment. What do we do when we desperately need God's clear direction but God seems silent? My daughter, Alyssa, mentioned one of her favorite songs, "While I'm waiting." "Active waiting" is what we strive for. I hope you will be encouraged by this song :).

Note: Please turn off my music playlist at the bottom of this page before starting the videos.

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14
"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word I put my hope." Psalm 130:5
"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him!" Isaiah 30:18

4 comments:

Renee said...

Waiting can be so hard, but it is worth it when we are obedient to God's leading. Great song.

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands said...

Oswald Chambers said, "The Strain of Waiting On God." How true. So much growth is happening as we sit at His feet waiting, listening and praying..
Thank you for sharing,
Virginia

Denise said...

Really love this song.

Charlotte said...

Beautiful. I don't like to wait, but I think worshipping while waiting is the thing to do. Thank you for this encouraging post.
Blessings,
Charlotte

A Must-See Video for Every Christian