Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Waiting with Unwavering Faith

Like most (if not all) of us, David found waiting difficult. "How long, Lord? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?" (Psalm 13:1-2) David longed for God's deliverance and sounded dejected. Yet, he chose to trust in God's unfailing love and continued to sing praise to God. He remained confident in God's love, mercy, goodness, and faithfulness. His heart rejoiced because God had rescued/saved him. Changing our mindset/ perspective can change despair, sorrow, and discouragement to peace, joy, and hope. When we're tempted to complain, worry, and become despondent, we need to recollect God's faithfulness, pray to God, and praise God, instead. Let us follow David's example to wait upon the Lord with unwavering faith and be resolved to rejoice in the Lord always.

Prayer: Lord, thank You for loving me and saving me! You have been so good to me. Thank You for abundantly blessing my family and me! Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. May my life be one continuous praise song to You! Please strengthen my faith and help me be patient and at peace when I have to wait.




No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian