Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Anxiety

When my mind is filled with anxious thoughts, concerns, and fears, reading God's Word, releasing my worries and fears through prayers, remembering God's faithful care for me throughout my life, and relying upon God and His promises calm me down and give me internal comfort, peace, and joy. God is my unfailing Refuge in Whom I find rest and security. How sweet the consolation of the Holy Spirit is! The same Lord Who calms the storm can and does also calm us/quiet our worries and fears. Trust God at all times and rest in His presence, promises, power, protection, and provision. The Holy Spirit will refresh your weary soul with peace and joy when you surrender all to Him and totally trust Him with all your heart. "Casting all your care (anxiety) upon Him--because He cares for you!" (1 Peter 5:7) "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7) Be anxious about nothing; pray about everything.

Anxiety is unhealthy and fruitless. An excessive or persistent anxiety can have serious consequences on our physical and mental health. It negatively affects our central nervous system, cardiovascular system, excretory and digestive systems, immune system, respiratory system, and more. Anxiety/worry/fear begins in our thoughts. God provides a way for us to overcome unhealthy thoughts. "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." (2 Corinthians 10:5) Taking our thoughts captive means gaining control over what we think about life...about everything. Think God's thoughts. Have an eternal perspective. "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." (Colossians 3:2) "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will." (Romans 12:2) Pray and ask God to renew your mind and to give you the mind of Christ. Look at everything through God's eyes (perspectives). Train yourselves to focus your thoughts on what is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy (Philippians 4:8).

Prayer: Thank You, Lord Jesus, for having been my Help in times of need! When I'm upset and anxious, You calm me down and cheer me up. Thank You for Your unfailing love! Thank You for being my Rock, Refuge, and Fortress! Please empower me to retrain my thoughts and to respond in Christlike ways. Please enable me to focus my mind on the right things and to take my every thought captive to make it obedient to You.



No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian