Friday, March 13, 2020

Fear Not: The Lord Is the Strength of Our Lives

The possessive pronoun "my" makes this verse very personal. The Lord is my Light Who dispels the darkness of distress, trouble, sorrow, fear, and anxiety. He brings me hope, peace, and joy. He leads and shows me the way in which I should walk, guides and comforts me through difficulties and challenges. The Lord is my Salvation by Whom I am saved and in Whom I am safe & secure. "Whom Shall I fear?" We need not fear the powers of darkness because the Lord, our Light, destroys them; and we need not fear the damnation of hell because the Lord is our Salvation. 


The Lord is the Stronghold/Strength of my life, in Whom I live and by Whom I am upheld. He is my Protector and Defender. God's presence makes all the difference in the world. It helps me overcome fear and gives me courage to face anything. Because of Who God is to me, I can confidently trust in Him and live fearlessly, no matter what is going on around me. With Christ guiding me, saving me, and strengthening me, I have no reason to be afraid of anyone or worry about anything whatsoever. The omnipotent I AM has got my back. I completely depend on Him. The Lord reigns; I rest. If God is for us, who can be against us? None!

When you feel anxious or stressed, pause and pray...spend time with Prince of Peace. Fix your eyes on Jesus and all the troubles of this world will grow dim. Remember that God's got everything under control. "The Lord has established His throne in Heaven, and His kingdom rules over all." (Psalm 103:19) Jesus wants to give you peace in the midst of all this craziness in the world. "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27) "God is our Refuge and Strength, an ever-present Help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1) Our Helper never leaves us or forsakes us; He never sleeps, either.


"What can I fear?
Will it be death? But you know that Christ is my life, and that I shall gain by death.
Will it be exile? But the earth and all its fullness is the Lord's.
Will it be the loss of wealth? But we have brought nothing into the world, and can carry nothing out.

Thus all the terrors of the world are contemptible in my eyes; and I smile at all its good things. Poverty I do not fear; riches I do not sigh for. Death I do not shrink from." (Chrysostom)


Prayer: Thank You, Lord, for Your guidance, salvation, and protection! Thank You for giving me peace that is out of this world! Thank You for being my safe Refuge and Strength! Thank You for being an ever-present Help in time of need! Lord, the whole world desperately needs You right now. Please let the warm wave of Your love wash over people and bring peace to their anxious hearts. Please heal all who have been affected by COVID-19. Please protect the elderly, the weak, and the vulnerable. Please give wisdom to the doctors, scientists, and leaders and guide them to come up with right solutions for this pandemic. Please empower us, Your children, to be bright light in this dark time...to be radical lovers, generous givers, fearless believers, and hope carriers. May the world look at us and see agape love, compassion, peace, joy, faith, and hope exuding out of our words, attitudes, and actions! Please give us opportunities to share the gospel of Your grace and point people to You, Hope of the broken world.






No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian