Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday's Fave Five #24

It's time for another Friday's Fave Five (hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story).

My fave five this week include:
1. Congratulations to our 17 yo daughter, Alyssa, for placing third in the local Bible Bee competition and for qualifying for the National Bible Bee! We will not be able to go to Illinois for the national competition due to the expenses.  We are thankful and pleased that she enjoys hiding God's Word in her heart.  "I have hidden Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You." (Psalm 119:11) To God alone be the glory!

2. Summer Reading Program at our  local library.  My 3 kids and I participated in it.  We turned our reading logs in for chances to win prizes (we love to read, anyway :)).  I won a $5 giftcard for a local coffee shop and Alyssa won a $50 Fred Meyer giftcard.

3. Free evangelism training webinar hosted by The Way of the Master
Great speakers included Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, Emeal Zwayne, Tony Miano, Mark Spence, and Stuart Scott.

4. My latest post on Faithful Feet: How You Live
To read other posts written by me on that international Christian blog: click this link http://faithfulfeet.byethost3.com/author/livingforgod/

5. This video by The Way of the Master: Are You a Good Person?. 
Note: Please turn off my music playlist at the bottom of this page before starting the video.
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in His blood. He did this to demonstrate His justice." Romans 3:23-25a

10 comments:

Cindy said...

Congratulation to your "d" on the Bible Bee. Wonderful words to live by.

Barbara H. said...

Congratulations to your daughter for her placement in the Bible Bee!

We used to love library reading programs when my kids were younger.

I've listened to a couple of presentations by The Way of the Master. Definitely thought-provoking!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder about how to live each day. I so want to live each day for the Lord and not waste my time, talents, and energy.

The video, Tears of the Saints, was sobering and challenging.

Carrie said...

Congratulations to Alyssa! That is simply wonderful!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Melli said...

Congrats to your daughter! On her Bible Bee AND her reading accomplishment! And to you too!

My Pastor just preached a very similar message on "Are you a good person?" last Sunday! Good is gOOd... but it's NOT enough! Faith IS required. Amen...

SONDRA PRICE said...

Congratulations to your Alyssa for her placement in the Bible Bee. How wonderful!

By the way, I love your playlist. I've been listening to 'Word of God Speak' repeatedly today on youtube, and then I opened your blog and here it is again. He must know I'm really needing to hear it today.

Susanne said...

Congrats to Alyssa and on both her accomplishments. How fun to win something for it. And the same for your reading!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Congrats to Alyssa!

Summer reading is so much fun ... and to be rewarded for it is a real blessing.

Have a great weekend.

Brenda said...

Wow, lots of exciting things this week for your family. Congratulation to your daughter on the Bible Bee and congratulations on the prizes for summer book reading.

momma24 said...

Congrats to your dd, what an accomplishment! We love reading too and always participate in the library programs. :)

A Must-See Video for Every Christian