Living to Tell the Story).
My fave five this week include:
1. Garage Sale. I usually like shopping at garage sales. However, I also enjoyed hosting a garage sale last Saturday. I had fun getting rid of stuff, meeting people, and getting cash for things we didn't need/use. The older I get, the less attached to things I am. We want to live simply with minimal possessions. We want to be ready. Lord, here we are...send us! We're preparing for the "rain" (if you've watched Facing the Giants, you know what I mean :)).
2. Congratulations to my daughter, Alyssa! Her short story, Tunnel Terror, has placed 5th out of 126 entries worldwide. It will be posted at the Surrey International Writers Conference October 22-24, 2010 in Canada.
3. Fresh cinnamon rolls. On Wednesday, Alyssa made cinnamon rolls for the first time. They were so delicious.
4. Boardgame marathon day (on Sunday)...Yahtzee, Buzzwords, Monopoly...Fun fun fun!
5. The Butterfly Circus (20 minute film starring Nick Vujicic). To watch this inspiring movie, click here. Nick Vujicic is a true inspiration. You can visit his website at http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/ .