Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday's Fave Five #61

It's time for another Friday's Fave Five (hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story).

My Fave Five this week:-

1. Mission ConneXion Northwest. We go to this free event pretty much every year. This year, it was held at Crossroads Community Church in Vancouver, WA. I really enjoyed attending the workshops and getting connected with other mission-minded people and organizations.

2.
Free ebook from John Piper: Bloodlines. The video by John Piper on that page is really good.

3. Lunar New Year Celebration at George Fox University. I had a great time visiting different tables set up by Chinese and Vietnamese students. Music, food, fun, friendship...

4. Bubble Milk Tea. I've just had my first cup of Bubble Milk Tea (Taiwanese drink) at the Lunar New Year Celebration last night. It was tasty. And you get a tapioca ball (or more) each time you drink through a huge straw. 

5. Hope for AIDS Orphans.
Their main mission is to care for the AIDS orphans (14,800,000...as of 2010) in Africa. Please visit the website and consider the 3 ways you can help these orphans.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Awesome list.

Gattina said...

Never heard of Bubble Milk Tea ! Is it bubbling tea ?? ;)

Susan@FruitfulWords said...

Last year or so I visited my daughter and we went to China Town. Of course she introduced me to Bubble Tea. My taste buds and mouth did NOT like the texture or taste of the tapioca balls. So glad you found the flavour to be pleasant.

Seems like you are always posting to some awesome free materials. Thanks for sharing your information with us.

Susanne said...

Love Tapioca. I think we call that Bubble Tea here.

Faith said...

never heard of Bubble Tea...sounds like you had a great week of faves! I love John Piper!!

A Must-See Video for Every Christian