Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday's Fave Five #78

It's time for another Friday's Fave Five (hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story).

My Fave Five this week:-
1. A meaningful phone call.
A friend of mine was curious why I am always relaxed & joyful and never get stressed out (obviously, she has never lived with me :)). Anyway, I'm very thankful that God gave me an opportunity to point her to Jesus, my Source of peace and joy. Please pray for her that the Holy Spirit will make the seeds I planted in her heart grow and that she will surrender her life to Jesus and experience His peace and joy that are beyond any understanding/any circumstances.

2.
On Sunday evening, I had a sweet time of worship singing hymns after hymns at a church near our home! A rare treat :)!

3.
I found this sweet story online about missing World War II love letters. It gives me hope that perhaps Eric's 10 page love letter written to me in 1989 sent from USA to Thailand but never received will someday show up :)! It's our lost love letter mystery.

4. What Is Love? videoAnother sweet story! This one will make you cry (you've been warned :)).


5. (Besides the Bible, my daily bread) I'm currently reading 3 books (Beautiful Battlefields, Beyond the Rapids, and The Utter Relief of Holiness). So many good books...so little time! When I read, I tend to think a lot and then I write my thoughts down in my journal. I enjoy both reading and writing a lot.

6 comments:

Faith said...

you inspire me to read more non fiction Christian books!I am a voracious reader and love all kinds of books but most of them are secular. I am reading an excellent one by Dr Tim Kimmel about busy families (Little House on the Freeway) and like you I take time to think, write in my journal. I need to do some more serious Christian books other than my daily time in the Word of course :) Love that you got to plant some seeds...I'll lift up that person today!! Have a happy weekend!!

Kathie said...

I love to read as well and I read mostly Christian non-fiction. I enjoy fiction but haven't found any good ones lately.

I'm saying a prayer for your friend right now. May the Lord draw her to Himself.

Happy weekend!

Karen said...

Oh, I hope your long lost letter shows up someday! How wonderful that would be.

Brenda said...

It's those small seeds planted that will grow in your friend. What a great opportunity to follow up what you have already been living before her eyes!

Willow said...

I agree 100% with your comment 'so many books, so little time'.
I'm glad you were able to encourage your friend and explain it's not you, it's Christ.

Susanne said...

Very interesting about the lost love letter. Maybe one day soon we'll be reading in FFF that it arrived! Wouldn't that be something!

I struggle to get through a lot of non-fiction books. I start them off with great intentions but usually start to fizzle out about half way through.

Sometimes one wonders if their life is showing that they really are Christians. It's wonderful that your friend noticed that your are peaceful and not stressed and you were able to share.

A Must-See Video for Every Christian