Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Overflowing Thanksgiving

- We can learn much from Paul. Paul had faced sufferings, trials, and hardship as he preached the Good News about Jesus Christ. But he knew that one day these would all be over and he would obtain God's rest and rewards. Eternal perspective is the key. No matter what happens to us in this life, we have the assurance of eternal life when all sufferings will end and all sorrow will be no more. What a glorious hope!
- When we realize that there are purposes and benefits in our sufferings, it helps us live above the pain, discomfort, and difficulties and focus more on our finish line. Some of the benefits include reminding us of Christ's suffering for us, keeping us from pride and self-reliance, causing us to look beyond this brief and temporary life, proving our faith genuine, and providing opportunities for God to demonstrate His power and faithfulness.
- I'm thankful for the gift of God's unconditional, undeserved, and unending grace. I am daily dependent on God's grace and it still amazes me. His grace is always sufficient for you and me. I'm forever grateful that I've been saved not by works but by His grace alone. May we never cease to be amazed at God's grace and may grace continue to cause our thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God! "But He (Jesus) said to me (Paul), 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)
- I want to share this song with you. I hope it encourages you all :).

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian