Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Teach Me and Lead Me, Lord!

- We must recognize our need for wisdom and understanding from God and ask for it. Spiritual discernment is a gracious gift from God. Understanding is very important as Jesus points out in Matthew 13:24, "But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the Word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown." Without understanding, the result is tragic: "When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path." (Matthew 13:19) We also need God to help us keep His law as we ought to and obey it with all our heart. Undivided heart's devotion to Him and His Word is what God desires. 

- Pray and ask God to lead (direct, guide) us in the path of His commandments. Leaving it to ourselves, we are prone to wander off track and get distracted by all sorts of things. An enlightened heart and mind delight in God's Word and desire to observe & obey it. He who teaches us the way also gives us the grace to walk in it. 

- Prayer: Father, please give me wisdom, understanding, and insight that I may keep Your law and obey it with my whole heart. Please teach me Your way and lead me in the path of Your commandments, the path of holiness and do not let me stray from it. Please guard my heart and mind from being enticed by the things of the world. Please keep me away from anything that may weaken my delight in Your Word and zeal for Your glory. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian