1. I am thankful for my mom. She raised my brother and me while enduring physical and verbal abuse from my (alcoholic) dad and then later alone without any help. She sacrificed a lot for us.
2. I am thankful for my mother-in-
3. I am thankful that my husband and my 11 year old son got over their sickness fairly quickly last week and that the rest of the family did not get sick.
4. I am thankful that my 16 year old daughter enjoys talking and spending time with us (me and my husband). We also enjoy talking and spending time with her. Many teenagers nowadays spend most of their time with their friends and listen to their friends more than their parents. I'm glad our daughter listens to our advice and accepts our instruction She is a delightful young lady after God's own heart!
5. I am thankful that my life is not my own and that heaven is my permanent home. "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." (Galatians 2:20) "If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord." (Romans 14:8) Jesus gives my life hope, purpose, passion, and destiny. "I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." (Acts 20:24)
Only one life, 'twill soon be past,
Only what's done for Christ will last.
And when I am dying, how happy I'll be,
If the lamp of my life has been burned out for Thee.
P.S. I am hosting 3 giveaways right now. You can win custom thank-you cards, a poster print, and a rolled canvas. Please scroll down and take a look :).