Friday, April 27, 2018

Joy of Soul-Winning and Discipling

Paul's hope, joy, and crown of rejoicing result from leading people to Christ, seeing new believers' lives transformed by God and His gospel, discipling them to grow in spiritual maturity/Christlikeness, and looking forward to seeing them in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His second coming. Paul echoed the same thing to the believers in Philippi, "Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends!" (Philippians 4:1)

Although I rejoice at each soul saved (no matter who witnessed to them), I would be thrilled and filled with special joy to meet people in Heaven who trusted in Christ as their Lord and Savior because of my witness. What a priceless reward it is in itself to take as many people as possible to Heaven with us! Christ's second coming should motivate us to be faithful in sharing the gospel with unbelievers. Evangelism is something that cannot be done (won't be needed) in Heaven. Those whom Paul led to Christ became Paul's glory and joy. "
As you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to glory/rejoice on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you." (Philippians 2:16-17) There's no better winning than winning souls for Christ!


"A missionary was once asked about his salary. The inquirer knew it couldn't be much, and he wanted to know why anyone would give so generously of himself to help total strangers, yet be paid so little. The missionary pulled out a letter and read these words: 'If it weren't for you, I wouldn't know Jesus Christ as my Savior. Every morning I kneel in prayer, thanking God for everything you've done for me.' 

'That's my pay!' exclaimed the dedicated servant of the Lord." (from Our Daily Bread)

"Save some, O Christian! By all means, save some. From yonder flames and outer darkness, and the weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth, seek to save some! Let this, as in the case of the apostles, be your great, ruling object in life, that by all means you might save some." (Charles Spurgeon)


Prayer: Thank You, Father, for our blessed assurance in Christ! Please help us to faithfully serve You, live for You, and reach out to the lost with Your gospel while we await Christ's second coming. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian