Friday, May 8, 2020

Fear the Lord and Shun Evil

Do not be prideful and arrogant. Do not think you know better than God how things should be. We are to trust God (including trusting His will, way, and timing) with all our heart, instead of trusting and relying on our own wisdom. God has infinite wisdom; we don't. Don't be impressed with your own wisdom. It's far better to humbly fear (revere) the Lord, completely trust Him, and reject evil. Fear of the Lord is the foundation of wisdom. It's about submissive reverence with awe. A life of surrendering to God, trusting in God, and obeying God begets health and nourishment benefits. As with all Proverbs, the purpose is to impart wisdom as guidelines, not prophecy with guarantees. When we trust and obey God (follow God's wisdom), peace, joy, strength, success, well-being (physical, mental, emotional, & spiritual), blessings, good results generally ensue. It makes total sense that when we live wisely according to God's wisdom and avoid evil & foolishness, our physical, mental, and emotional health will be better off. Less mistakes. Less troubles. Less heartaches. Less regrets. Less worries. Less stress.

"Be not puffed up with vain conceit of thine own wisdom, as if that were sufficient for the conduct of all thine affairs without direction or assistance from God, or without the advice of others." (Poole)

Prayer: O Lord, Your wisdom is perfect and infinite! Thank You for being my Guide and Shepherd who leads me and watches over me! Please forgive me for the times I neglected to seek Your wisdom and guidance. I'm so grateful that Your answers are always wiser than my prayers. Please help me to always seek You first, submit to You, trust You, and obey You. Please grant me wisdom from above to pray for peace and cling to love. Please teach me to humbly receive the sun and rain of Your sovereignty.

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian