1. I am thankful that "It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23) It is very comforting to me that His mercies, compassions, and faithfulness never fail...never cease. "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." (Psalm 23:6) I am glad that I don't have to wake up to the same day everyday like the main character in the movie, "Groundhog Day" :). If I fail today or make mistakes or today is an unpleasant day (filled with troubles and sorrow, etc.), tomorrow is a brand new day...God's mercy, compassion, and faithfulness already waiting there for me.
2. I am thankful for solitude and silence. Just me and God alone! It's a precious time when all is well with my soul. You might find it funny but I enjoy ironing my husband's clothes. I spend that ironing time to think and pray. God often brings to my mind the Scriptures I need and/or the people I should pray for. "Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10a
3. I am thankful for tears. I usually feel much better after I cry. "Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him." (Psalm 126:5-6) I think it's wonderful that God created us with the ability to shed tears and thus release emotional tension. I cry easily...happy cries, sad cries, overwhelmed-by-God's love-for-me cries, cries over touching movies or songs, etc.
4. I am thankful for my beloved husband who is very loving, understanding, caring, and supportive. He is the greatest listener, counselor, peacemaker, encourager, and prayer partner.
5. I am thankful for my youngest son, Isaiah (8) who is a remarkable boy. He is such a joy and a blessing. He is obedient, respectful, polite, diligent, hard-working, kind, compassionate, patient, and cheerful.
P.S. I am hosting a book giveaway on my HSB blog. You can win a copy of The One Day Way: Today Is All the Time You Need to Lose All the Weight You Want by Chantel Hobbs. Please click here to enter. The deadline is January 15th.