Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday's Fave Five #50

It's time for another Friday's Fave Five (hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story).

My Fave Five this week:-
1. Strawberries. I like dipping strawberries in sugar or chocolate :).

2. Lyn Cote, a Christian author, posted my daughter, Alyssa's support letter on her blog titled, "A Young Woman with a Heart for God Needs Our Help". Thanks, Lyn!

3. Great quotes. "None of us has a long time here on planet Earth. It’s kind of a staging ground. It’s our split second in eternity when we have an opportunity to invest our lives, our time, our talent and our treasure to fulfill what our Lord came to do and commissioned us to do." (~Bill Bright)  "There was a day when I died; died to George Mueller, his opinions, preferences, tastes, and will; died to the world, its approval or censure; died to the approval or blame of my brethren and friends; and since then I have studied only to show myself approved unto God." (~George Mueller) Want to live for God? You must die to self and die to the world!

4. Reading Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado and joining the Cure for the Common Life Book Discussion Group (part of the Max Lucado Book Club).

5. My Stickers Giveaway. Win 250 (customized/personalized) stickers from UPrinting.com! This giveaway ends 6/22.

4 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

That George Mueller quote is so on target. Die to self; die to the world; die to approval. Thanks for sharing.

Susanne said...

Love the Bill Bright quote and how he describes our lives here on earth as our split second in eternity.

I love dipping strawberries in sour cream and then brown sugar. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Willow said...

I love both those quotes and both were great men of God who helped the helpless.

Catherine said...

I love strawberries!

Thanks for sharing the quotes!
-Catherine

A Must-See Video for Every Christian