Saturday, October 31, 2009

Oh Lord, You're Beautiful!


I'm so excited that I found this video!  It's the first time I've ever heard this live version of "Oh Lord, You're Beautiful" (words and music by Keith Green, performed by Keith Green).  Keith Green was my all-time favorite singer/musician.  I said "was" because he died in a plane crash in 1982 (he was only 28).  He was one of a kind who was totally sold out for Christ.  He lived what he wrote in this song and all his other songs.

"I'm in my 83rd year, but it doesn't necessarily mean I'm wiser or stronger.  It doesn't mean I've done more.  It's not the stretch of life that matters.  It's the depth of life.  It's not how long we live.  It's how we live.  Keith was a man who seemed to live on the edge of eternity.  And he was ready to step into it." Leonard Ravenhill spoke of Keith Green after his death (quote taken from "No Compromise: The Life Story of Keith Green" by Melody Green & David Hazard)


Oh Lord, You're beautiful. Your face is all I seek;
For when Your eyes are on this child, Your love abounds to me.

Oh Lord, my body's tired, but You keep reminding me
Of many holy tireless men who spilled their blood for Thee.

Chorus: I want to take Your Word and shine it all around,
But first help me just to live it Lord.
And if I'm doing well, help me to never make a sound,
Except to give all the glory to You.

Oh Lord, my faith is small, and I need a touch from You.
Your Book of books lies undisturbed, and the prayers from me..too few.

Oh Lord, please light the fire that once burned bright and clear.
Replace the lamp of my first love that's fueled with holy fear.

Oh Lord, You're beautiful. Your face is all I seek;

For when Your eyes are on this child, Your grace abounds to me.

"Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always." 1 Chronicles 16:11
"When You said, "Seek My Face," my heart said to You, "Your face, Lord, I will seek."" Psalm 27:8
"Let the light of Your face shine upon us, O Lord." Psalm 4:6
"Let Your face shine on Your servant; save me in Your unfailing love." Psalm 31:16
"For the Lord is righteous, He loves justice; upright men will see His face." Psalm 11:7
"You are my portion, O Lord; I have promised to obey Your words.  I have sought Your face with all my heart; be gracious to me according to Your promise." Psalm 119:57-58

Lord, please help me to live by Your Book and be a light that shines brightly for You.  To You alone be the glory!  Your grace and love abound to me.  Thank You, Lord!

Previous Songs:
- What the Lord Has Done in Me
- I Surrender All
- Mighty To Save
- Could I Be Called a Christian?
- Cry Out to Jesus
- Jesus, Be the Center
- God of Justice
- Love That Will Not Let Me Go
- I Will Offer Up My Life
- When It's All Been Said and Done
- Knowing You, Jesus
- In Christ Alone
- Be Thou My Vision

7 comments:

annies home said...

what a great song

Lisa notes... said...

I've never heard anything other than the first verse of this song. What a blessing to discover more of it! Thank you.

Mocha with Linda said...

I still remember driving to work one summer between semesters of college and hearing about Keith Green's death. Thanks for sharing this great song.

Peggy said...

Blessings...Love Keith Green and this song! His intro was beautiful as are these sweet words...

"Oh Lord, You're beautiful. Your face is all I seek;
For when Your eyes are on this child, Your love abounds to me."

Seeking His face and praying for His Light to shine! Beautiful accompanying scriptures once again...thank you for Living For God and desiring to live by His Book! I'm with you, sister!

RCUBEs said...

I love this particular song from K.G. Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed weekend. God bless.

His Unfailing Love said...

wow, what a great song. I love your post.

Cathy said...

Oh, I love Keith Green, and that video was wonderful! I remember driving along on the expressway and having to pull over and write down the name of "There is a Redeemer", it was so lovely.

A Must-See Video for Every Christian