My Fave Five this week:-
1. We had lots of fun playing ping-pong using our dinner table. We're easily entertained :)!
2. Josiah (my 14 year old son) made 87 out of 100 free-throws! Isn't that a better free-throw percentage than most NBA players :)? Blazers should sign him up!
3. I like the following quotes from the book, Beyond the Rapids: "As we grew older, we began to see that God didn't help everyone in the same way. Some were saved by miracles; others endured, trusting God for the next day, the next step, the next breath. During the famine and the terror, some were saved from arrest, or found food when they needed it--while others did not. Yet, even those dying of starvation or tortured in a prison camp, received a peace that couldn't be explained in human terms. For those who had faith, God gave the comfort of knowing that even if they didn't survive the current crisis, they would have eternity with Him in heaven. They understood that all things come to them through God's hands, so that they could know Him and His love for them in a much deeper way, to help them become more like Christ, and so that many would see His glory. If their suffering brought others to God, they rejoiced that God used them." and "More puzzling was that American Christians didn't seem to live much differently than their unbelieving neighbors...How could people with such freedom to serve God not take seriously their responsibilities to live as holy people?" (an observation made by a Ukrainian Christian couple when they first came to America). Great question, isn't it?!!!
4. Free Kindle edition on Amazon (at the time of this posting): Courageous by Randy Alcorn and Beautiful Battlefields by Bo Stern (I'm currently reading this book and will post my review next Saturday).
5. You can read my review of Stop Asking Jesus into Your Heart: How to Know for Sure You Are Saved and enter to win a a copy of this awesome book (Don't let the title put you off; it's really a must-read!) at http://bornagainandblessed.blogspot.com/2013/02/book-review-and-giveaway-stop-asking.html . Ends 3/9