It's time for another Friday's Fave Five (hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story)
My Fave Five this week:
1. We had a wonderful time walking 2 miles for Steps for Life (an annual fund-raising event for Pregnancy Resource Centers) on Saturday. Isaiah has raised a total of $1,815 this year. Soli Deo Gloria!
2. Even though the forecast said it was going to rain throughout last Saturday, we're thankful that the rain was held off until nighttime when we got home. After the walk, we were able to help my mom move into her new home.
3. I thoroughly enjoyed my brother's delicious Raspberry Coffee Cake :).
4. I've recently finished reading aloud about David Brainerd to my sons (I love reading aloud stories of faith heroes and missionaries). Here are a couple of my favorite David Brainerd's quotes: "We should always look upon ourselves as God's servants, placed in God's world, to do His work; and accordingly labour faithfully for Him; not with a design to grow rich and great, but to glorify God, and do all the good we possibly can."
“Farewell, vain world; my soul bids you adieu.
My Savior taught me to abandon you.
Your charms may gratify a sensual mind,
but cannot please a soul for God designed.”
By the way, I just want to encourage those who have struggled or are struggling with depression. Charles Spurgeon, David Brainerd, and William Cowper struggled with depression throughout most of their lives yet God used them mightily for His glory and for His kingdom! Surrender all to Jesus; He will use you in a mighty way. May the Holy Spirit refresh your soul and encourage your heart! I'm praying for you and I'm always here for you (whenever you need listening ears or anything). Cling to Christ, our Hope of Glory!
5. You can enter to win The American Bible Challenge hat, t-shirt, and poster on my blog at http://fivesavedbygrace.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-american-bible-challenge-and.html. Ends 5/30