Monday, November 30, 2015

Yahweh Sabaoth

"All this also comes from the LORD Almighty (the LORD of Hosts), whose plan is wonderful, whose wisdom is magnificent." (Isaiah 28:29)


May we never doubt the mighty power, wonderful counsel (plan), and magnificent wisdom of God! Stand firm in the faith. Be still (be at peace/cease striving); Yahweh Sabaoth (the LORD of Hosts) will fight for you. Fear not! Do not become overwhelmed by difficult people and/or circumstances. The Hebrew word "sabaoth" means armies. The LORD of Hosts is God of Heaven's armies. NIV translates sabaoth as LORD Almighty. Yahweh Sabaoth is the all-powerful, sovereign Ruler over all the universe. Whom or what shall I fear? None whatsoever! Whenever I am wrongly accused or attacked, I remind myself that God is my Defender. He will vindicate me. I also need to trust Him for His timing and His way (not mine). 

I love the marvelous account of spiritual reality in 2 Kings 6:8-23. Elisha's servant was terrified when he woke up and saw the enemy's army surrounding the city with horses and chariots. Elisha's response is classic :)! "'Don't be afraid,' the prophet answered. 'Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.' And Elisha prayed, 'Open his eyes, LORD, so that he may see.' Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha." (2 Kings 6:16-17) What we see with our physical eyes is not all of reality. We must also see with our spiritual eyes/eyes of faith. God is here right now with us, watching over us and guiding us with His infinite love and wisdom. We just need to trust and obey. "Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You...the Great, the Mighty God, whose name is the Lord of Hosts. You are great in counsel and mighty in work, for Your eyes are open to all the ways of the sons of men, to give everyone according to his ways and according to the fruit of his doings." (Jeremiah 32:17, 18b, 19)
 

In the context of Isaiah 28:23-29, God knows what each person needs; He treats & leads him/her accordingly. We are sometimes tempted to compare ourselves with others. But it's not wise to do so because it only brings about either discontent or arrogance. Trust God for His wonderful plans/ purposes for our own lives. Seek His counsel. Trust Him who is omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient! Trust in the perfect wisdom of our God!

Prayer: Father, thank You for always being here for me! Whenever I am afraid or discouraged, please open my eyes so that I may see You by my side defending me and please help me lean on You & rest in Your omnipresence, omnipotence, and omniscience. I'm truly thankful that Your answers are wiser than my prayers. Please guide my every step/decision by Your wisdom and according to Your will. Please help me be sensitive to others' needs, Please give me the right words to say and show me the right things to do in order to minister to their needs. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian