Tuesday, December 8, 2015

God Is With Us

God commands the Israelites (and us) to not be afraid or be dismayed and He gives us five reasons/ promises.

1. God is with us. 

God's presence makes all the difference in the world. He will never leave us nor forsake us. No matter what trial and storm we're going through, God is bigger than our storm and He is right there with us to bring us through it. His presence gives us peace, confidence, and comfort. Fear not!

2. God is our God.

We are His by creation, redemption, purchase, and choice. We are Christ's in all circumstances and for eternity. We belong to Him, Who is sovereign over all. He makes it His business to take care of us/our needs. He loves us and cares about us. He is personally engaged in our present and eternal welfare. Fear not!

3. God will strengthen us. 

When we are weak, in Christ we are made strong. "He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." (2 Corinthians 12:9-10) His divine power and strength will cover our weaknesses. "The LORD gives strength to His people." (Psalm 29:11a) "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." (Isaiah 40:29) "It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure." (Psalm 18:32) "The Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one." (2 Thessalonians 3:3) We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us (Philippians 4:13). Fear not!

4. God will help us.

Trust in His infinite wisdom, omnipotent power, and unending love. He knows what we need and He will provide, guide, and equip us. He delights in helping us. "The LORD will fight for you; you need only be still." (Exodus 14:14) "I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of Heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:1-2) Fear not!

5. God will uphold us with His righteous right hand. 

"The LORD makes firms the steps of the one who delights in Him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with His hand." (Psalm 37:23-24) Our lives are in His capable, all-powerful hand! Fear not! 

"What a precious promise this is for all God's feeble children, who are daily fearing that they shall fall or be crushed under the weight of their troubles and trials! 

Oh, what a mercy! God says that He will uphold you. He will put strength into you; He will enable you to bear your afflictions and will bring you safely through all your troubles.

Satan may say, "I will trip you up." 
God says, "I will uphold you!"

Unbelief may say, "You will one day fall and perish."
God says, "I will uphold you!"

Your flesh may cry out, "I can never bear up under this cross."
God says, "I will uphold you!"

Your feeble heart may say, "How can I endure such privations, such bereavements, such buffetings of Satan, such temptations, such losses, such fiery trials?"
God says, "I will uphold you!" (James Smith)

Prayer: Father, thank You for Your faithful promises! Please help me to always look to You and Your Word whenever fear, anxiety, doubt, or discouragement try to creep into my heart and mind. I am weak but You are strong. Please uphold me, empower me, and strengthen me so that I may serve You, please & honor You, and live for You all the days of my life. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.


No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian