Thursday, December 10, 2015

Omnipresence of God

"'Am I only a God nearby,' declares the LORD, 'and not a God far away? Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them?' declares the LORD. 'Do not I fill Heaven and earth?' declares the LORD." Jeremiah 23:23-24
This is a warning to false prophets that they cannot hide themselves from God. God sees all their lies, deceptions, and selfish intentions. No one can be hidden from God. God is omnipresent. He knows all our inner thoughts, motives, and feelings. He sees everything...near and far, now and forever. He is not limited by time or space. Whatsoever we think, feel, desire, speak, and do, is known to God.

"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence? If I go up to the heavens, You are there; if I make my bed in the depths, You are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me; Your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, 'Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,' even the darkness will not be dark to You; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to You." (Psalm 139:7-12)
Everything that goes on in Heaven and on earth is in God's view and under God's sovereignty. There's no boundary to His providence and power. Some people still try to hide from God in the sense that they think (hope) He could not see the evil things they do or see their disobedience. How foolish and/or delusional they are! Jonah learned the lesson when he tried to hide/escape from his God-given mission and failed miserably. There is no such thing as committing a sin in secrecy! Never forget God's constant presence. "A man who sincerely believes the omnipresence of God, cannot be indifferent to sin." (George Everard) The more conscious we are of God's presence, the more comforted and contented we feel and the less likely we will sin/be tempted to sin.

A Must-See Video for Every Christian