Friday, October 4, 2019

God's Loving Eye Is on You and Me


Psalm 32 is a psalm of penitence. When we humbly repent, acknowledge that we need Him, and seek His guidance, God will instruct, teach, and counsel us. Esther realized that she could not accomplish this tremendous task by her own strength. She desperately needed God's strength, wisdom, and guidance. Thus, she asked all the Jews who were in Susa and her attendants to fast for her and she herself fasted for 3 days.

"I will counsel you with My loving eye on you." I really like that! God is lovingly looking at us and watching over us. With lovingkindness, God teaches and guides us by His Word and by His Holy Spirit (John 14:26). 
It's truly comforting to know that the loving eye of my never-sleeping Father is upon me day and night...in joy and in sorrow...in life and in death.

God will instruct and teach us in the way we should go. Not the way we want to go or the way others expect us to go but the way we should go according to God's will and purposes. God loves us and knows what's best for us. Left to ourselves, we would choose the easy way, the fast way, the smooth way, the popular way but it may not be the right way. 
We need a Guide who is perfect and infinite in wisdom, power, love, grace, mercy, and patience. "For this God is our God for ever and ever; He will be our Guide even to the end." (Psalm 48:14) "This is what the Lord says--your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go. If only you had paid attention to My commands, your peace would have been like a river, your well-being like the waves of the sea.'" (Isaiah 48:17-18)

Prayer: "Show me Your ways, Lord, teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long...Teach me Your way, Lord, that I may rely on Your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name...Teach me, Lord, the way of Your decrees, that I may follow it to the end. Give me understanding, so that I may keep Your law and obey it with all my heart...Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; may Your good Spirit lead me on level ground...Teach me Your ways so I may know You and continue to find favor with You." (Psalm 25:4-5, 86:11, 119:33-34, 143:10, Exodus 33:13)

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian