Saturday, October 19, 2019

Sweetest

Today is National Sweetest Day. Let's spread sweetness around in the world (not just today but everyday )! Do something sweet for someone. Hugs. Kind words. Encouragement. A treat. A card. A gift (for no special occasion). Show of support and/or appreciation. Small acts of kindness do wonders.

Today I shared a s'more chocolate bar with my hubby and youngest son. I also enjoyed a bowl of huckleberry cheesecake ice cream with fresh blueberries and dark chocolate nuggets (with coconut and super seeds) with sprinkled peanuts (pictured above). I put together three baskets of yummy goodies for our three pastors at our church. October is Pastor Appreciation Month. We want to let our pastors know that they are loved and appreciated.


Jesus is the Sweetest Name of all! It is so sweet to trust in Jesus, to follow Jesus, to rest in Jesus, and to live for Jesus! It is indeed sweet to be loved, redeemed, forgiven, freed, treasured, healed, delivered, and heard by Almighty God. It is incredibly sweet to be able to approach God's throne of grace with confidence (in prayer), to feast upon His Word (Psalm 119:103, "How sweet are Your Words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"), to serve the King of kings, to do His kingdom's work alongside brothers and sisters in Christ, to have incorruptible inheritance, and to enjoy eternal life with Christ in Heaven. 



I love the hymn, "Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus" by Louisa M.R. Stead.
'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise;
Just to know, thus saith the Lord.

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him,
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er,
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more.

O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
Just in simple faith to plunge me,

'Neath the healing, cleansing flood.

Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest and joy and peace.

I'm so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.







No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian