Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday's Fave Five #22

It's time for another Friday's Fave Five (hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story).

My fave five this week include:
1. On Monday, I finally got a hold of my dad on the phone after about 8 years of no communication between us (and 18 years of not seeing each other...he lives about 8,000 miles away).  In the past, he never really cared or wanted a relationship with me but now he said he wanted to see me again.  I hope and pray that I will get to see him and share the Gospel with him before it's too late (his health is failing).

2. My 17 yo daughter, Alyssa's article got accepted for paid publication (her fourth)! We all are excited for her :).

3. 30-Days Prayers.  Please join me and the millions of Christians around the world to pray for Muslims during Ramadan (Aug. 11th to Sept. 9th). You can download the 30-Days Prayer e-Booklet at http://www.30-days.net/resources/download/  or sign up for daily prayer guide emails at http://www.30-days.net/resources/email/  . For more info., visit http://www.30-days.net/ .

4. Swagbucks.  Have I told you about Swagbucks yet?  I think it's so cool to be able to earn prizes just by using their site to search the web (which we homeschoolers do very often, anyway).  I enjoy trading my bucks in for Amazon gift cards. This week, they are having huge Back to School promotions.

5. My Summer Sensations Download N Go Giveaway.  It ends Aug. 21st.

10 comments:

Kari said...

oh how exciting for your daughter. that is so awesome.
I hope you meet again with your father soon and the meeting goes well.
Happy weekend.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Swagbucks sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Laura O in AK said...

Love, love, love Swagbucks, too. I just wish I had signed up when I first heard about it.

Praying that you are able to see your father and rekindle the flames of a relationship.

Susanne said...

That is very exciting that you were able to talk with your Dad after so many years. Praying that God would make a way for you to meet with him soon!

Congratulations to your daughter. I took a quick peek at your link. She writes wonderfully and sounds like a very mature and talented young lady.

Susanne said...

Oh and I just wanted to say Thank You for being a vital part of FFF!

Brenda said...

How wonderful to get in contact with your dad, I hope that goes well for you. Congrats on your daughter getting published, thats very exciting!

Cindy said...

I saw all the back to school supplies on sale this week also, fresh new starts

Karyn said...

Congrats to your daughter!

I had not heard of the 30 days of prayer. I am glad this has been organized - esp. during this holiday of the Muslims.

I hope everything works out with your dad.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Praying for you and your dad. How awesome that he wants to see you!

And congrats to Alyssa -- again!

Have a happy week ahead.

Jaeyde said...

congratulations to your daughter!

Swagbucks does sound interesting. *scuttles off to check it out*

A Must-See Video for Every Christian