- Psalm 53 echoes Psalm 14, later partly quoted in Romans 3:10-12.
It talks about the universal sinfulness of humans (all have sinned) and
the foolishness of atheism (you can watch a new documentary, "Evolution
vs. God", online for free at http://www.evolutionvsgod.com/ ).
- Fools refer to people who are morally deficient/people who reject God, the only One Who can save them.
People may say there is no God in order to have an excuse to continue
in sin and to avoid the responsibility/the accountability for their sin.
- To be truly wise and understanding is to seek God in every situation (look to Him continually for help and guidance).
- Without God, people live in constant fear and anxiety ("overwhelmed with dread when there was nothing to dread").
- On the contrary, those who trust God rejoice and are glad.
- God restores His people. Even now He is still in the business of restoration.