Psalm 90:12 on Tuesday, we knew life is short and we must live intentionally with an eternal perspective. Today's verses remind us of the same thing. We must be very careful/prudent about how we live/how we spend our time on this earth. We should live wisely, depending on God's wisdom to guide us and walking in faith and obedience.
- "Unwise" or "foolish" used in the Bible refers to moral rather than intellectual deficiencies. The fool don't lack mental powers but they misuse them. They don't have the fear of God and they ignore God's truths/principles/wisdom.
- "Everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock." ~Jesus (Matthew 7:24) The difference between a wise man and a foolish man is obedience!
- We should take advantage of every opportunity to do God's will and to glorify God.
- "The days are evil"--Paul was communicating to readers his sense of urgency because of evil's prevalence. We need the same sense of urgency! Just look around and you'll see how prevalent evil is in our world these days. Yesterday, our President rejoiced over one
of the saddest days in history! Unthinkable! Over the past 41 years since the Supreme
Court’s devastating decision in Roe v. Wade on Jan. 22, 1973,
approximately 57 million unborn children have been denied their
fundamental human right/their choice to live. "The widespread acceptance
of abortion is a symbol or sign of something deeper within our society
that should also concern us greatly. This is the tendency today to
decide moral issues or questions only on the basis of whether or not
they are convenient or bring pleasure to a person." ~Billy Graham
- We must be very careful and intentional about being light and salt in this world of darkness. People need the Lord! Let's make the most of every opportunity to share Christ's love and His message of redemption with others! Let's live wisely with integrity and do all we can to point people to Jesus!
- "Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God, will come to know God because they know you." (~Anonymous) Our lives as Christ's followers should make nonbelievers question their disbelief in God.