Friday, August 30, 2019

Great Is the Lord!

"Every day I will praise You and extol Your Name for ever and ever. Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom. One generation commends Your works to another; they tell of Your mighty acts." (Psalm 145:2-4)


God is good all the time. He is beyond awesome (His greatness is unfathomable)! He is indeed most worthy of our praise. I rely on God and receive blessings from Him everyday. Each breath is a gift from God. He supplies me new grace and mercy every morning. It's proper that I praise and thank Him everyday. What better way to use our words for than to worship, praise, and thank God! How often do we express to God our appreciation and adoration? Praise God privately and publicly. Tell others what great things He has done for you and Who He is to you. No matter what is going on in our lives, we should always praise God. Our attitude should be like Job's: "The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the Name of the Lord be praised." (Job 1:21b) How do we extol (hold high/esteem greatly) God's Name? Let's do everything to honor and glorify Him, not self. "Your Name and renown are the desire of our hearts." (Isaiah 26:8b)

May we declare God's wonderous works all day long...every chance we get! May we faithfully tell of our Redeemer's righteousness, redemption, deliverance, and victory! Leave a testimony for succeeding generations. How often do you talk with your children about God and the Bible? "Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." (Deuteronomy 11:19) God wants us to tell our children of His mighty acts so that each generation will remember His faithfulness and keep passing on a godly heritage. Let's make sure that we continue to declare accounts of God's faithful works in our lives to our children (and grandchildren).

I want my life to be a constant praise song and a bright thank-You card that the world hears and sees. I hope and pray that my words and actions will always draw people to our Lord and Savior. I will never stop praising God, tell others how great He is, proclaiming Christ and what He did on the cross. 
"O Lord, my God, I will praise You forever!" (Psalm 30:12b)"I will extol the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips." (Psalm 34:1)"My tongue will proclaim Your righteousness, Your praises all day long." (Psalm 35:28)
"My mouth is filled with Your praise, declaring Your splendor all day long...My mouth will tell of Your righteous deeds, of Your saving acts all day long--though I know not how to relate them all. I will come and proclaim Your mighty acts, Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim Your righteous deeds, Yours alone!" (Psalm 71:8,15-16)
"As for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my Refuge; I will tell of all Your deeds." (Psalm 73:28)
"May my lips overflow with praise, for You teach me Your decrees. May my tongue sing of Your Word, for all Your commands are righteous." (Psalm 119:171-172)


Prayer: Lord, You are my God and King! May my lifesong sing to You, praising You and extoling Your Name forever! Thank You for each breath that I take, each day that I live! Thank You for loving me, saving me, and giving me eternal life! May my tongue continue to testify of Who You are and what You have done! I praise You for Your unfailing love, goodness, faithfulness, grace, mercy, presence, provision, protection, power, promises, and sovereignty. May Your wonderous works be proclaimed through all generations! Please bless all my children and all generations thereafter to be Christ's faithful followers and servants. 

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian