Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Love Truth; Hate Lies

"The Lord detests lying lips, but He delights in people who are trustworthy." (Proverbs 12:22)

The Lord detests/hates lying lips. Lying is a sin and an abomination. Lying deceives, defames, and destroys people. Lies (untruths, half-truths, white lies) in conversation, intentional falsehood, false doctrines, and hypocrisy are all abominable to God; they are contrary to His nature and His Word. Lying originated from Satan, the father of lies. When we lie, we align ourselves with the devil, instead of God. "You destroy those who tell lies. The bloodthirsty and deceitful You, Lord, detest." (Psalm 5:6) "All liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." (Revelations 21:8b) When you lie, others will not believe/trust you even when you tell the truth. You lose your credibility.

"When words can't be trusted, then society starts to fall apart. Contracts are useless, promises are vain, the judicial system becomes a farce, and all personal relationships are suspect." (Wiersbe)

Before I knew Christ, I used to lie and thought that lying was not such a big deal as long as it didn't hurt anyone. Once I surrendered my life to Christ and learned what God says about lying in the Bible, I despise lying with every fiber of my being. 


God delights in people who are truthful and trustworthy. Always speak the truth in love, even when it's hard to do so. God is pleased with our honesty, sincerity, and integrity.
We, God's children, are to love what God loves and hate what God hates. Love truth; hate lies. Never compromise truth! Avoid exaggerating and embellishing your speech. Avoid making empty promises. Tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. As Christ's followers and God's children, our words and conduct should represent the character of God, including truthfulness and trustworthiness. "Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days,
keep your tongue from evil and your lips from telling lies." (Psalm 34:12-13)

Prayer:
Abba Father, thank You for transforming me and giving me love for truth and hatred for lies! Please empower me to live a life of
integrity in word and deed. Please convict me through Your Holy Spirit whenever there's any deceit or falsehood in my heart and/or on my lips, so that I can repent immediately. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.








No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian