Thursday, January 23, 2020

Every Word of God Is Flawless


"Every word of God is flawless; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. Do not add to His words, or He will rebuke you and prove you a liar." (Proverbs 30:5-6)

Every word of God is pure and flawless. God's Word is perfect and true, powerful and trustworthy.  We cannot always rely on people's words but we can confidently rely on God's Word always. God is a Shield to those who take refuge/put their trust in Him. "The Lord is my Strength and my Shield; my heart trusts in Him, and He helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise Him." (Psalm 28:7) He gives us His Word for our protection from sin, Satan, worldliness, errors, and false doctrines. "You are my Hiding Place and my Shield; I hope in Your Word." (Psalm 119:114)

Since God's Word is already pure and perfect, there's no need to change any of it whatsoever. We must never corrupt it by adding our own opinions or speculations. God will rebuke those who add to or subtract from His words and prove them a liar. There are serious consequences.
"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll." (Revelation 22:18-19) In addition, beware of those who misuse Scriptures (taking some verses out of context or twisting Scriptures to fit their own agenda).


Prayer: Thank You, Father, for Your Holy Word that transforms, teaches, guides, encourages, and comforts me! Oh how precious Your Words are to me! Thank You for being my Strength and my Shield! You are my Hiding Place; I will always trust in You and in Your Word.

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian