Friday, January 17, 2020

The Supremacy and Sufficiency of Christ

Paul describes the deity, supremacy, and sufficiency of Christ. Christ is the complete, exact, and perfect visible manifestation of God Who is invisible. The very nature and character of God have been perfectly revealed in Christ Jesus. Jesus is God who has come to us...to be God with us (Immanuel). Jesus is God's eternal Son, the firstborn (referring to His sovereignty) over all creation. All creation is under His power and authority. "All authority in Heaven and on earth has been given to Me." (Matthew 28:18) The entire universe was created by Him, through Him, and for Him. "Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made." (John 1:3) He is the Architect, Creator, and Sustainer of the universe. "He is before all things."--This indicates Christ's existence as the eternal "I AM" (before anything was created) and Christ's preeminence over all things. "In Him all things hold together."--This indicates Christ's infinite wisdom and power to uphold and govern the universe.

Prayer: Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your all sufficiency and for Your sovereignty! You reign; I rest. You are all I ever need! I'm forever grateful that You as the God-man Savior and our sinless substitute, died for me so that I can live with You in Heaven for eternity. Please empty me of myself and fill me with You. Please help me to show and tell the world how great and awesome You are!





No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian