Wednesday, January 8, 2020

The Righteous Judge

"Say among the nations, 'The Lord reigns.' The world is firmly established, it cannot be moved; He will judge the peoples with equity.

Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;

    let the sea resound, and all that is in it.

Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them;

    let all the trees of the forest sing for joy.

Let all creation rejoice before the Lord, for He comes,

    He comes to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness
    and the peoples in His faithfulness (in truth)." (Psalm 96:10-13)
The Lord reigns; I rest. "The Lord reigns, He is robed in majesty; the Lord is robed in majesty and armed with strength; indeed, the world is established, firm and secure.  Your throne was established long ago; You are from all eternity." (Psalm 93:1-2) His sovereignty and reign give me comfort and confidence because I know He is always good and never abuses His almighty power and authority. He is holy, just, and true. Christ will come to judge the earth and that's a great reason to rejoice. Take joy in the coming and kingdom of Christ and in His righteous judgments. He will establish moral order and peace. There will be glorious new creation. See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. But be glad and rejoice forever in what I will create." (Isaiah 65:17-18a) All nature is glad and sings for joy. How much more should we, the redeemed?! May we join in their joyous chorus of praise and thanksgiving to our Maker and Redeemer! Christ's first coming was to save and sanctify us. He will come again for our glorification.

God is love and God is just. Many people accept the former but ignore the latter. Remember the sheep and the goats (Matthew 25:31-46). Are we living in Christ's righteousness and in His truth (according to His Word) or are we living in worldliness and in the lies of the culture? We have to daily choose. Our choice will be judged by the Lord. Let's sing for joy before the Lord for He is our Righteous Judge filled with compassion, mercy, and grace.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the Righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for His appearing." (2 Timothy 4:7-8)


Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank You for Your redemption and sanctification! I am looking forward to Your return with joyful expectancy. May I be found ready and faithful! While waiting for Your return, may I live daily worshiping, exalting, and honoring You. Reign in me, Lord, and use me to draw others to You and Your saving grace!





No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian