Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sweetly Broken


Note: Please turn off my playlist at the bottom of this page before starting the video. 

"But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

I am lost for words whenever I want to express thanks for what Jesus has done for me.  I am sweetly broken...wholly surrendered!  I hope and pray that the Lord will find my life/my spirit/my heart a pleasing sacrifice.

"O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall show forth Your praise. For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and contrite heart--These, O God, You will not despise." Psalm 51:15-17

"Let my heart be broken by the things that break the heart of God." ~Bob Pierce, founder of World Vision

Previous Songs:
- Be Thou My Vision
- God With Us
- Offering- Christmas Version 
- How Many Kings
- Give Thanks
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
- He Knows My Name
- Oh Lord, You're Beautiful!
- What the Lord Has Done in Me
- I Surrender All
- Mighty To Save
- Could I Be Called a Christian?
- Cry Out to Jesus
- Jesus, Be the Center
- God of Justice
- Love That Will Not Let Me Go
- I Will Offer Up My Life
- When It's All Been Said and Done
- Knowing You, Jesus
- In Christ Alone

5 comments:

Susan said...

Good morning!

Oh what POWERFUL SONG!!!!!!!! I love, love it...

I also loved Keith Green's music you had playing, one of my all time favorite musican's!

Oh, I also want to be so "sweetly broken, totally surrended to HIM"

Have a blessed day♥

achildoftheking said...

A very moving song! I love it. I've never heard Jeremy Riddle before. He has a voice like Jeremy Camp.

Karen said...

Beautiful song...love that ending quote....

Mocha with Linda said...

Wonderful song.

Peggy said...

Blessings!!! Beautiful scriptures and your personal words are so touching.

You truly are a sweet fragrance of the Lord!"Sweetly Broken" by Jeremy is in my collection to cause me to stop, ponder and realize how much Christ gave for us!

I visited your daughter's "God is enough"...WOW! What a mature young woman and quite the blessing of your labor.

I have been sweetly broken often but I must need it to remain surrendered & serving God & His kingdom. Humbly I receive! I pray with you that the Lord will find our hearts and lives pleasing & acceptable. Continue Living for God

A Must-See Video for Every Christian