Saturday, February 27, 2010

Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing


Note: Please turn off my music playlist at the bottom of this page before starting the video.

Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing (written by Robert Robinson, sung by Jadon Lavik)

"From the Lord comes deliverance.  May Your blessing be on Your people." Psalm 3:8
"From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ." Ephesians 1:3
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

In 1 Samuel 7, when God made the Philistines get into panic mode and lose to the Israelites, Samuel took a stone and set it up as a remembrance of God's faithfulness and help.  He named the stone, "Ebenezer" which means stone of help.  "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)
Let us all raise our "Ebenezer" with our praises!


Previous Songs:
Faithful One
Your Love Broke Through
Until the Whole World Hears
- Take My Life
- In Christ Alone
- Sweetly Broken
- Be Thou My Vision
- God With Us
- Offering- Christmas Version 
- How Many Kings
Give Thanks
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
- He Knows My Name
- Oh Lord, You're Beautiful!
- What the Lord Has Done in Me
- I Surrender All
- Mighty To Save
- Could I Be Called a Christian?
- Cry Out to Jesus
- Jesus, Be the Center
- God of Justice
- Love That Will Not Let Me Go
- I Will Offer Up My Life
- When It's All Been Said and Done
- Knowing You, Jesus

4 comments:

Cathy said...

That is such a beautiful hymn, thank you. Blessings ~

Karen said...

Thank you for sharing this. Have a blessed weekend.

Lisa notes... said...

I’ve always loved this song. And this version is one of the best I’ve heard. Thanks for the beautiful scriptures you listed at the top. Just what I needed to read this morning!

Raising my Ebenezer with you!

Mocha with Linda said...

This is such a beautiful hymn.

A Must-See Video for Every Christian