Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Godliness


"Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives' tales; rather, train yourself to be Godly. For physical training is of some value, but Godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." 1 Timothy 4:7-8

"But Godliness with contentment is great gain." 1 Timothy 6:6

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and Godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness." 2 Peter 1:3

Those who know and love Jesus will never stop this training no matter how difficult and strenuous it is because they know that it pleases the Lord and that their rewards are immeasurable.  Thankfully, His divine power has given us everything we need for life and Godliness.  Just do it :)!

Training routine = Reading, studying, memorizing, and applying God's Word
Training Coach = the Holy Spirit
Training partners = the Church (our brothers and sisters in Christ)


Previous WFW:

7 comments:

ozjane said...

A poster print giveway sounds wonderful but Australia is a long way to post....so I will dream...
I will try to remember this WFW when I hit the gym on Fri...have been too ill to get there with an infected tooth since I signed up..so must remember that it does profit me some.

Lisa said...

So very true and something we would do well to meditate on to guard ourselves. Wonderful WFW. Thank you dear sister!

Lisa

Mary said...

Excellent post. Great verses. We can't just sit on the beach and expect to grow strong. We must be intentional of feeding on God's Word and growing closer to Him. Thanks for sharing today. And I love the Tears of the Saints Video. My brother is a laborer to the unreached people groups. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing those verses with us. Blessings ~

Maxine said...

Very nice application of that Word. Blessings to you.

ozjane said...

Well it is just past Friday night and is now Saturday morning ...I started at the end of the list and have worked my way back to your WFW which was the last on the list when I wrote the comment.
Still love that cutie climbing.
May there be more Caleb's in the world that say........"Give me this mountain"
I missed the gym....made a mistake with tablets and decided it was not safe to drive...two blue boxes ...I never do things like that...But bless Him He cared for me and no harm was done except a very sleepy lady today.

A Must-See Video for Every Christian