Living to Tell the Story).
My fave five this week include:
1. Fun at the park/playground. The boys had a blast. I posted the pictures here.
2. Library's book sale. We got a bagful of nice books and videos for $1.
3. We enjoy living in the country. We get to see deer up close and varieties of birds. We see hawks almost everyday and the day before yesterday, we saw California quails. My sons are becoming ornithologists :).
4. I discovered another wonderful hymn and fell in love with it: "Jesus, Priceless Treasure" (written by Johann Franck, translated by Catherine Winkworth, music by Johann Cruger). After we read it in the book, Mr. Pipes And Psalms and Hymns of the Reformation, I looked up the song on YouTube. I listened to several videos (different choirs/singers); this hymn made me cry and cry (I just love Jesus so much!). "Hence, all fear and sadness! For the Lord of gladness, Jesus enters in. Those who love the Father, though the storms may gather, still have peace within. Yea, whate'er I here must bear, Thou art still my purest pleasure, Jesus, priceless treasure." (the last stanza in the hymn)
5. "The Signs of Persecution" free webinar featuring Kirk Cameron, Ray Comfort, and Carl Moeller. It was excellent. I will post the video here or the link to the video here when it becomes available. Please join me in praying for persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ around the world. If you would like to learn more about the persecuted church, please check out The Voice of the Martyrs and Open Doors.