Saturday, April 3, 2010

Jesus Paid It All

Jesus Paid It All is one of my favorite hymns. It was written by Elvina M. Hall (1820-1889).  The tune was composed earlier by John Grape, the church organist, who had titled his music, "All to Christ I Owe."   Amazingly, John Grape's tune fit perfectly with Elvina Hall's words.  Below you will find two different styles of singing: Acappella (the first one) and upbeat tempo plus extra lyrics by Kristian Stanfill.

Note: Please turn off my music playlist at the bottom of this page before starting the videos.


"Come now, let us reason together," says the Lord. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." Isaiah 1:18

"You were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." 1 Corinthians 6:11

"In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.  And He made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ." Ephesians 1:7-9

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for dying so that I may live!  Thank You for being my Redeemer...my Savior...and Lord of my life.  Thank You for paying the debt we could never pay.  "It is finished!" (John 19:30)

"For nothing good have I whereby Thy grace to claim--I'll wash my garments white in the blood of Calvary's Lamb." (~Elvina Hall, the third stanza which was not included in the videos)

Solus Christus (Christ alone)!  Sola Gratia (grace alone)!  Soli Deo Gloria (glory to God alone)!

Have a blessed Resurrection weekend, everyone!  He is risen, indeed!
Previous Songs:
Lead Me
- Nothing But the Blood
- Redeemer
- Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing
- Faithful One
Your Love Broke Through
Until the Whole World Hears
- Take My Life
- In Christ Alone
- Sweetly Broken
- Be Thou My Vision
- God With Us
- Offering- Christmas Version 
- How Many Kings
Give Thanks
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
- He Knows My Name
- Oh Lord, You're Beautiful!
- I Surrender All
- Mighty To Save
- Could I Be Called a Christian?
- Cry Out to Jesus
- Jesus, Be the Center
- God of Justice
- Love That Will Not Let Me Go
- I Will Offer Up My Life
- When It's All Been Said and Done
- Knowing You, Jesus

6 comments:

Marina@EBMR said...

Strangely I've not heard this before. He Paid it All!

Thanks for Sharing!

Blessings to you and yours this Easter

-Marina

http://energizerbunnysmommyreports.blogspot.com/2010/04/at-cross-then-sings-my-soul-saturday.html

Lisa notes... said...

This is a great song. I love the acapella version. He did pay it all!

Debbie Petras said...

I've not heard this song in quite some time and love it. Thank you for choosing this one for today. How thankful I am that He washed me white as snow.

Happy Easter!

Blessings,
Debbie

Mocha with Linda said...

Beautiful. Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe!

Blessings to you as you celebrate Easter!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Happy Resurrection Weekend!

sewa mobil said...

I enjoyed reading your post. It was informative and interesting
and I look forward to more in the future.

A Must-See Video for Every Christian