Saturday, July 10, 2010

Civil War Reenactment

On July 4th, my mother-in-law, my 16 yo daughter, my 11 yo son, and I attended the 20th annual Civil War Reenactment at Willamette Mission State Park.  Approximately 1,000 reenactors demonstrated the living and fighting conditions of the early 1860's.  They were in period dress, living in period camps and recreating the battles of the civil war.  We enjoyed the "Living History" demonstrations in the Union Camp, the Confederate Camp, and the Civilian Camp.  We saw battles with all branches of service (infantry, cavalry, and artillery).  We also listened to the medical demonstration which aimed to help people understand the terrible aftermath of the war that took the lives of over 620,000 American citizens. This event was organized by the Northwest Civil War Council.  Here are some of the photos I took and one of the videos I recorded.
Note: Please turn off my music playlist at the bottom of this page before starting the video. 

No comments:

A Must-See Video for Every Christian