Susanne at Living to Tell the Story).
First, I wasn't going to do Friday's Fave Five today because my heart is so saddened. I had been crying off and on yesterday since I heard the tragic news of my close friends' son's death. But then I thought if I focus on the Lord's goodness and blessings, it might do me some good. Please pray for this dear family. Thanks!
My Fave Five this week:-
1. My birthday gift from my beloved husband. He gave me a new digital camera (Nikon COOLPIX S3000). I love it! My old camera was falling apart so I'm very thankful for this new one.
2. Last Sunday (my birthday), we went to watch "The Best Christmas Present Ever!" (children's play) at church. The kids did a great job. I just loved listening to those sweet voices of children praising and worshiping the Lord. I especially liked the songs, "Nothing Is Impossible" and "Happy Birthday, Jesus."
3. Congratulations to my 17 yo daughter, Alyssa, for winning $50 cash as the first runner-up in the local VFW's Voice of Democracy Audio Essay Contest!
4. Our new 300 thread count, Egyptian cotton, burgundy sheet set from CSNstores.com. So soft and elegant :)!
5. I had fun shopping on Amazon for gifts by using the Amazon gift certificates that I traded my Swagbucks for. I didn't have to pay a dime. I earn Swagbucks just by searching the web which I do often anyway as a homeschool mom :). If you would like to learn more about Swagbucks (it's free to sign up), check it out here.