Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday's Fave Five #33

It's time for another Friday's Fave Five (hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story).

My Fave Five this week:-
1. Christmas music.  I love listening to my kids play Christmas songs on piano.  I also enjoy listening to our various Christmas CDs.  What is your favorite Christmas song?  I have lots of favorites :).  A new favorite I discovered last year is How Many Kings by Downhere.

2. My secret sister left me a pot of beautiful poinsettia at church.  It's so wonderful to know that someone has been praying for me and my family.  I also received a lovely bookmark and a box of yummy dark chocolate pearls from her in the past.

3. CurrClick Chess Club. It's a free online chess club for kids ages 7-17.  We had our first live meeting on Tuesday.  My kids had a great time.

4. Congratulations to my 17 yo daughter, Alyssa, for winning first place at the Homeschool Writer of the Year Competition.  It’s a competition to see which homeschool writer can enter the most contests on the contest chart from February 1st to November 30th.  She entered 67 contests within those 10 months.  Her prize is a William Wallace sword.

5. The Narnia Code DVD Review and Giveaway.  Are you a Narnia fan?  Do you know someone who is?  The Narnia Code DVD would make a great Christmas gift for any Narnia fan.  You can read my review and enter the giveaway here.  The giveaway ends 12/12 (this Sunday) at midnight (Pacific time).

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Congrats to your daughter on her award! And I love hearing Christmas music being played on the piano as well!

Susanne said...

I love Christmas music but I don't know if I could pick a favorite. I really like a lot of them.

What a nice thing for your secret sister to do.

Cindy said...

Everywhere out and about is Christmas music playing. When I put up the tree last week the first thing I went looking for was the Christmas cd.

Congrats to your daughter.

A Must-See Video for Every Christian