Susanne at Living to Tell the Story).
My Fave Five this week:-
1. We had a blast at Oaks Amusement Park on Saturday! Fun family outing before Alyssa's departure to Malaysia to serve onboard the Logos Hope next week.
2. A nice visit from my mother-in-law, my kids' cousin and her boy. We had a fun water-squirt guns war! Wet and wild :)! Lots of running, laughing, and screaming!
3. Staying up late and spending time with my daughter, Alyssa. She has been adjusting her sleeping pattern so that she won't be having a jet lag when she arrives in Malaysia.
4. I like this quote: "When a husband is happy, his wife is happy. When he is treated like a king, respected as a man, admired like a hero, and inspired to be all he can be, his wife reaps the benefits." (from the book, When a Woman Inspires Her Husband by Cindi McMenanin) Marriage is not about getting our needs met; it's about dying to self and practicing what it means to truly love like God does (unconditionally/1 Corinthians 13) and living out Philippians 2:1-16 daily.
5. John Piper's video below. We have only one life to live. Let's not waste it! Are you living for self or living for God?