Jesus Christ has fulfilled more than 300 prophecies? These prophecies were given 500 to 1200 year before His birth. Consider the following: The probability of anyone fulfilling just 8 would be one in a hundred million billion (1 out of 100,000,000,000,000,000).
- When we read the Bible, we should pray and ask the Holy Spirit to open our minds to understand and interpret God's Word correctly, penetrate & permeate our heart and soul with His profound truths, and guide us to apply His Word in our daily lives.
- This is the post-resurrection commission Jesus gave to His disciples. It's paramount that the Messiah's suffering/death and resurrection on the third day along with repentance and forgiveness of sins must be preached. Primary point of the Gospel!
- Jesus laid out the plan for His disciples. God wants the whole world to hear the Good News of salvation, starting at Jerusalem. "You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." (Acts 1:8)
- "The strongest historical evidence for the resurrection is the eyewitness testimonies of the disciples and more than five hundred other witnesses, which later would include the apostle Paul." (Lee Strobel) The encounter with the Risen Christ transformed the early disciples and propelled them to passionately proclaim the Gospel, in spite of persecution. May we purpose to do the same with perseverance!
- Praise God for His presence, provision, protection, promises, propitiation, and power! The power that raised Christ from the dead is the same power that the Holy Spirit gives us as we continue to "press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called us heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:14)
- Jesus, the perfect, sinless Lamb of God, died on the cross in our place to pay for the penalty/ punishment of our sins. By the precious blood of Christ, we have been purchased, pardoned, provided Christ's righteousness, and made peace with God. He died so that you and I might live. Will you live for Him? Don't permit pleasure, position, power, possessions, popularity, preconception, or people to prevent you from putting your faith in Jesus Christ and professing Him as your Lord and Savior.
"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent. For He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the Man He has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising Him from the dead." Acts 17:30-31
"The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9