- Because Christ lives, we can face anything!
"Death has been swallowed up in victory. Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting? The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:54b-57
"Because I live, you also will live!" ~Jesus (John 14:19b)
- Rejoice! Our Redeemer is risen! Let's live our lives in such a way that people will know undoubtedly that Jesus is alive...that He is living in our hearts and guiding our lives!
- What does the Resurrection mean to you personally? Who do you say Jesus is?
"I am the Resurrection and the Life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?" ~Jesus (John 11:25-26)
Christ's resurrection changes everything! It proves that Jesus is truly Who He said He is, that His words are always true, that we have been completely forgiven and justified (His death for the payment of our sins was accepted), that our God is not dead (He is indeed omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient), and that there is certainly life after death. What you believe about Jesus matters! In fact, it's a matter of life and death!
is not here; He has risen, just as He said. Come and see the place where
He lay. Then go quickly and tell His disciples: 'He has risen from the
dead.'" (Matthew 28:6-7a)
Come and see! Then go and tell the world about our Living Lord and Savior! Live to tell what He died to do!
- God has given us proof! There's no excuse whatsoever...
"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent. For He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the Man He has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising Him from the dead." Acts 17:30-31
- Live for Christ, not self!
"For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him Who died for them and was raised again." 2 Corinthians 5:14-15
- "Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel." 2 Timothy 2:8
- “Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them.” (~Elisabeth Elliot)
Jesus always welcomes your questions!
- "I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." ~Jesus (John 14:6)
"Jesus is not one of many ways to approach God, nor is He the best of several ways; He is the only Way." ~A.W. Tozer
- “You are the only Bible some unbelievers will ever read, and your life is under scrutiny every day. What do others learn from you? Do they see an accurate picture of your God?” ~John MacArthur
the renewed mind, we will distort the Scriptures to avoid their radical
commands for self-denial, and love, and purity, and supreme
satisfaction in Christ alone." ~John Piper
- "When they see a follower of Jesus who is sold out for Christ, living free of legalism and bondage to the world, they are drawn to Jesus. When they see a follower of Jesus living for 'self' and the world, they have no problem rejecting Jesus because it allows them to play the hypocrite card. The world needs us to be an example of living the Bible so that they too are drawn to Christ. They need answers, and for us to say we are "Christians" and live our life in pursuit of personal gain would only be a contradiction to who we say we follow." ~David McGee
- "Those who make the worst use of their time most complain of its shortness." ~Bruyere
- "Household life is not primarily a sphere for cooking, keeping things tidy, sweeping and dusting, nursing and training of children, hospitable entertainment of friends, and the thousand things that must be done each day. It is a sphere for transforming women's souls into radiant Christly beauty!" ~J.R. Miller
- "We have largely lost sight of the holiness and purity of God today. This is one reason why we tolerate sin so easily." ~Billy Graham
- Isn't it strange how the world considers a person unbalanced when his/her life is fully consecrated to the Lord? Think "Jesus Freak" :). But the world thinks it's fine for people to be crazy about celebrities, fanatical about sports, and obsessed with social media, video games, fashion, fame, power, popularity, possessions, wealth, health,...
- "People often admit to a bad memory--but never to bad judgment." (from the book, P.S. I Love You)
- Check out my book review and giveaway of Impact by Tim Irwin!The giveaway will end on May 9th. You can make an impact with your life whether you're a leader in your family, class, office, organization, community, church, ministry, or small group. If you desire to be an effective leader, check this book out. It's an easy-to-read leadership manual filled with practical ideas and insightful advice. What kind of legacy do you wish to leave? Live and lead accordingly.
is no middle ground when it comes to Jesus Christ. You either believe
Him and live for Him or reject Him and live for yourself." ~Billy Graham
"Becoming a Christian means no longer living for yourself but for God in obedience to Him...To say you believe in Him and then continue living as though nothing has changed is to deny the power of God in your new life." ~Billy Graham
- "What does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." (Micah 6:8)
Justice/integrity of conduct, mercy, humility, intimate relationship with God should be ingrained in every believer's life.
is my prayer today for my beloved brothers and sisters in Christ around
the world: "May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God,
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." (2 Corinthians
13:14) The Source of all grace, love, and fellowship: The One Triune God!
"We are one in the Spirit; we are one in the Lord!...All praise to the Father, from Whom all things come, and all praise to Christ Jesus, His only Son, and all praise to the Spirit, Who makes us one. And they'll know we are Christians by our love. Yes, they'll know we are Christians by our love." ~Peter Scholtes
- Only 20 days left to give to Steps for Life
2014, an annual fund-raising event for Pregnancy Resource Centers!
Please consider giving through my 12 yo son's page. Any amount is
greatly appreciated. Life is a gift from God! Let's choose life and save
Even if you're unable to give a donation at this time, please help spread the word by sharing this link on your Facebook wall :). Thanks a bunch!
Sunday, April 27, 2014
What's On My Mind?
If you're on Facebook, you know that the status box on your Facebook wall asks, "What's on your mind?" Well, I thought I would share here what I've been posting on Facebook this past week (since last Sunday) so you'll know what has been on my mind :). Hope you find the following Bible verses, quotes, and random thoughts of mine, and songs somewhat encouraging!